Public Radio Internships
WBFO and Classical 94.5 WNED
The Western New York Public Broadcasting Association has internship openings available in both WBFO and Classical 94.5 WNED. Students will have the opportunity to gain hands-on experience in radio operations and production and to develop their writing and broadcasting skills.
Students will be assigned tasks that relate to day-to-day radio operations in the traffic, programming, and production departments and the news room. They will also be afforded the opportunity to collaborate on large scale production and broadcast projects and will be expected to assume responsibilities that are commensurate with their abilities. These projects may include the following:
- News-gathering (write copy, record news conferences, etc.) for newscasts on WBFO
- Production of Morning Classics, Making a List, and other classical music programs.
- Production of promotional spots and underwriting credits
- Interns will develop their own semi-monthly work schedules and will be obliged to follow them.
- Reliable transportation is essential.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following:
- An interest in public radio
- A willingness to learn
- The ability to work independently and to work collaboratively
- The ability to write cogently
- The ability to use basic office software
Previous production, journalism and/or broadcast experience is desirable, though not required!
To apply, send a cover letter and resume to:
P.O. Box 1263
Buffalo, New York 14240