WESTERN NEW YORK PUBLIC BROADCASTING ASSOCIATION
Position Title: Classical Music Librarian
Department: Classical 94.5 WNED
Reports To: Classical Program Director
Status: Casual, Non-Exempt (15 hours per week)
Date: August 2014
The Classical 94.5 WNED Music Librarian is responsible for the organization, cataloging, and maintenance of the station’s music library.
- Pulls programmed CDs and routes them to marked day shelves in advance of scheduled broadcast dates.
- Sorts and shelves CDs after they have been broadcast and returned to sorting area by announcer/program hosts.
- Checks in, logs and times new CD acquisitions as they are received from the various record companies.
- Create, update, and manage cataloging records in “Music Librarian” and “Music Master” Cataloging system.
- Maintain accurate records of all library holdings and playlists.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Education Required:
- Degree in library science, or equivalent experience with library systems.
- Familiarity with database management.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Familiarity with or interest in classical music and station’s programming.