WESTERN NEW YORK PUBLIC BROADCASTING ASSOCIATION
Position Title: Corporate Communications Assistant
Department: Corporate Communications & Promotion
Reports To: Director of Corporate Communications
Classification: Part-Time, Exempt (20 hours per week)
Date: July 2014
Responsible for administrative duties in the WNED/WBFO Corporate Communications Department. Assist with press release distribution, media tracking and advertising placements/requests.
- Provides administrative support to Corporate Communication staff including mailings, postcards and coordinates RSVP’s for station events. Management of program and business files and fulfillment of media requests for promotional materials. Track and process department expenditures and invoices. Maintains WNED clip file and ad tear sheets. Responsible for generating advertisement requests to Graphics Dept. and reserving advertisement space for local media outlets. Distribute press releases to area media and maintain/update media databases. Coordinate WNED Horizon Gallery. Timekeeper for department’s attendance records. Supplies POP information to Foundations and Underwriting. Inputs web content onto wned.org.
- Assist in covering WNED main front desk
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Education Required:
- Associate’s degree or two years of college in marketing, communications or business.
- Minimum of two years experience is preferred, ideally in media and/or non-profit setting.
- Proficient computer skills, including the Microsoft Office Suite, are required.
- Strong writing, grammar and spelling skills essential.
- Strong verbal communication skills necessary.
- Accuracy and attention to detail are a must.
- Must have the ability to work under constant deadlines and strong organizational skills.
- Must be a team player.