WESTERN NEW YORK PUBLIC BROADCASTING ASSOCIATION
WNED-AM, FM, TV - Buffalo/Toronto
Position Title: Director, Foundation and Community Development
Department: Foundation and Community Development
Reports To: President & CEO
Status: Full-Time, Exempt
To oversee development of relationships with foundations, corporate giving programs, and government agencies; ensure payment and stewardship of major donor commitments to the capital campaign; serve as WNED liaison with PBS on program underwriting and funder recognition and to assist and support the work of other non-profits in the region.
- To oversee the development of grant proposals to local,
regional and national foundations, corporations, and
government agencies for funding projects and undertaking
of WNYPBA; and that the terms and conditions of grants
are being met within the organization, including final reports
on the execution of grants, as required by the grantor.
- To assist in the design and implementation of capital solicitation
campaigns for major WNED projects.
- To be the liaison with PBS for all discussions regarding program
underwriting and funder recognition.
- To assist and support the work of other non-profits in the region,
including development of collaborations with WNED and guidance
in the development and implementation of capital campaigns.
- Perform other assignments as assigned by the President & CEO.
Qualifications and Education Required:
- Bachelors Degree
- Minimum five years experience in writing and communications, sales or fundraising with particular emphasis on grant writing for non-profit organizations.
- Strong writing, verbal, interpersonal and organizational skills essential.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, PowerPoint, Access and Excel desirable.