WNED-TV consistently ranks among the most-watched U.S. public television stations in prime time. Our popular line-up draws from PBS and various other sources, including the BBC and American Public Television. As a leading producer of single-topic documentaries, our national and regional broadcasts have been seen by millions of people across the continent, stimulating cultural and heritage tourism to the Buffalo/Niagara/Toronto region.
WNED-TV Full Schedule
National Productions Regional Productions WNED-TV Video
PBS Kids (launch site)
About ThinkBright & Well / WORLD
ThinkBright and Well/WORLD TV continues its commitment to quality health and wellness programming. Also in the mix are outstanding news and information shows as well as independent films with a global perspective.
WBFO-FM 88.7 has the largest radio newsroom staff in the Buffalo/Niagara region. In addition to extensive local and regional journalism, WBFO also features the best of public radio from NPR, PRI, the BBC and American Public Media.
View WBFO-FM HD1 Schedule
Classical 94.5 WNED is a robust full-time service that provides the best of our regional, national, and international classical music scene. Some of public radio’s most knowledgeable announcers curate programming from a music library boasting more than 32,000 CDs.
Go to Main Radio Page >>
Classical 94.5 WNED Schedule
Classical 94.5 WNED Team
Classics by Request
Donate, Join, Renew
Membership Levels Monthly Giving Matching Gifts Member Benefits Membership Help
Major Giving Clubs
Bequests & Planned Gifts
Other Ways to Give
Gift Memberships In Memoriam Stock Vehicle Donation
The WNED Foundation
Find out about the digital edition of WNED ǀ WBFO Magazine
Connecting Your Business with People Who Shape Western New York and Southern Ontario.
Foundations are an integral part of WNED|WBFO’s support.
Join the many volunteers who help make WNED come alive through station promotion, community outreach and fund-raising activities. It’s fun! It’s challenging! It’s creative!
Check out our Calendar for fundraising events!
Press Room Archives
Submit Community Billboard Event
Submit event for Fine Arts Report
Education & Outreach ThinkBright & Well began as ThinkBright Lifelong Learning. ThinkBright Lifelong Learning included a television channel and an online service that supported and enhanced the educational experiences of teachers, students, families, and adult learners throughout New York State. Go to Education & Outreach>>
WNED ǀ WBFO is a leading binational public broadcasting organization...
Go To Main About Us Page
For more than 50 years, viewers have turned to member-supported WNED as a powerful and trusted resource.
The support and dedication WNED has received from our Southern Ontario viewers has enabled the station to enrich countless lives through the quality and impact of public television. Read More.
WNED’s production facilities are available for professional and/or broadcast production use. Learn More.
WNED is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to excellence through diversity. Read More.
Follow Us On Social Media
WNED|WBFO Annual Report
Board of Trustees and Meeting Schedule
View our listing of the cable and satellite systems that carry WNED.
WNED-TV | ThinkBright & Well/WORLD WBFO-FM 88.7Classical 94.5 WNED WNJA-FM 89.7 WUBJ-FM 88.1 WOLN-FM 91.3
"Spoiler Alert???" It's no secret that in grand opera, characters suffer and die, but in Puccini's "Tosca" the baritone gets stabbed, the tenor gets shot, and the soprano leaps to her death. What you might not know is that "Tosca" is the most error-prone production in history. If it CAN go wrong, it WILL go wrong in "Tosca." Nickel City Opera impresario Valerian Ruminski tells WNED's Peter Hall about some amusing mistakes over the last century. Tosca is live on stage at the Riviera Theatre on Webster Street in North Tonawanda, Friday night at 8:00pm and Sunday afternoon at 2:30.
Description: When, at thirteen, he caught on as a sportswriter for the Anoka Herald, Garrison Keillor set out to become a professional writer, and so he has done-a storyteller, sometime comedian, essayist, newspaper columnist, screenwriter, poet. Now a single volume brings together the full range of his work: monologues from A Prairie Home Companion, stories from The New Yorker and The Atlantic, excerpts from novels, newspaper columns. With an extensive introduction and headnotes, photographs and memorabilia, The Keillor Reader also presents pieces never before published, including the essays "Cheerfulness" and "What We Have Learned So Far." (400 pages)
Description: Forty-five years ago, Plácido Domingo appeared at The Metropolitan Opera for the first time, stepping in to replace an ailing Franco Corelli as Maurizio in Adriana Lecouvreur, and announcing his arrival as a new major talent. Since that memorable debut, Domingo has sung forty-eight different roles with the company, conducted ten operas, and appeared in twenty-eight concerts and galas as singer, conductor and pianist. Plácido Domingo: Domingo at The Met – Anniversary Edition, the new 3-CD set of arias and scenes from Italian, French, German, Russian and American operas, reflects the breadth of Domingo’s extraordinary Met career while celebrating this milestone anniversary.
1. Simon Boccanegra, Act II: "O inferno! ... Sento avvampar nell'anima"
2. Rigoletto, Act III: "La donna è mobile"
3. Otello, Act IV: "Niun mi tema"
4. Don Carlo, Act I: "Fontainebleau! Foresta immensa e solitaria! ... Io la vidi"
5. Luisa Miller, Act II: "Oh! fede negar potessi ... Quando le sere al placido"
6. La Traviata, Act II: "Lunge da lei ... De' miei bollenti spiriti ... O mio rimorso, infamia!"
7. La Traviata, Act II: "Di Provenza il mar, il suol"
8. Un Ballo in Maschera, Act I: "Di' tu se fedele"
9. Un Ballo in Maschera, Act III: "Forse la soglia attinse ... Ma se m'è forza perderti"
10. Rigoletto, Act I: "Questa o quella"
11. Stiffelio, Act I: "Vidi dovunque gemere ... Ah v'appare in fronte scritto"
12. Aida, Act I: "Se quel guerrier io fossi! ... Celeste Aida"
13. La Forza del Destino, Act III: "La vita è inferno all'infelice ... O tu che in seno agli angeli"
14. Simon Boccanegra, Act I: "Plebe! Patrizi! Popolo dalle feroce storia"
15. Il Trovatore, Act III: "Ah! Si, ben mio, coll'essere ... L'onda de' suoni mistici ... Di quella pira"
1. Turandot, Act III: "Nessun dorma"
2. Andrea Chénier, Act IV: "Cittadino, men duol - Come un bel dì di maggio"
3. Pagliacci, Act I: "Recitar! ... Vesti la giubba"
4. La Fanciulla del West, Act III: "Risparmiate lo scherno ... Ch'ella mi creda"
5. La Gioconda, Act II: "Cielo e mar"
6. La Bohème, Act III: "Marcello. Finalmente!"
7. Cavalleria Rusticana: "Compar Alfio ... Mamma, quel vino è generoso"
8. Manon Lescaut, Act I: "Cortese damigella ... Donna non vidi mai"
9. Norma, Act I: "Svanir le voci ... Meco all'altar di Venere ... Me protegge, me difende"
10. Sly, Act I: "Un orso in musoliera"
11. Francesa da Rimini, Act III: "Inghirlandata di violette m'appariste ieri"
12. Il Tabarro: "Hai ben ragione! Meglio non pensare"
13. Fedora, Act II: "La fante mi svela l'immondo ritrovo ... Vedi io piango"
14. Tosca, Act I: "Dammi i colori! ... Recondita armonia"
15. Tosca, Act III: "E lucevan le stelle"
1. Les Contes d'Hoffmann, Prologue: "Va pour Kleinzach! ... Il ètait une fois à la cour d'Eisenach"
2. Faust, Act II: "Quel trouble inconnu me pénètre? ... Salut! demeure chaste et pure"
3. Iphigénie en Tauride, Act II: "Quel silence effrayant! - Dieux, qui me poursuivez"
4. Samson et Dalila, Act III: "Vois ma misère, hélas"
5. Carmen, Act II: "La fleur que tu m'avais jetée"
6. Werther, Act III: "Pourquoi me réveiller"
7. Les Troyens, Act III: "Inutiles regrets! ... Ah! Quand viendra l'instant"
8. The Queen of Spades, Act I: "Prosti, prelestnoe sozdanye"
9. The First Emperor, Act I: "The Shadow That Haunts Me Wherever I Go"
10. Parsifal, Act II: "Amfortas! Die Wunde!"
11. Die Walküre, Act I: "Ein Schwert verhieß mir der Vater"
12. Lohengrin, Act III: "In fernem Land ... Mir schwankt der Boden!"
A gate pass entitles you to attend most events on the grounds, including all Amphitheater lectures and performances (Chautauqua Symphony Orchestra, dance, popular entertainment), morning worship services, afternoon lectures at the Hall of Philosophy, swimming at four public beaches, access to Smith Memorial Library, Oliver Archives Center and Chautauqua Bookstore; use of all parks, walks and public gardens; and bus and tram transportation on the grounds.
Chautauqua Concerts 2014
Saturday, July 5 - 8:15 p.m.
Madama Butterfly by Giacomo Puccini
Arthur Fagan, guest conductor
Chautauqua Opera Company
To Air- Tuesday, July 22
Thursday, July 31 - 8:15 p.m.
Maximiano Valdes, guest conductor
Stanislav Khristenko, piano (Winner of the 2013 Cleveland International Piano Competition)
Essay No, 1, Op. 12……………………………………………. Samuel Barber 8’
Piano Concerto No. 1, Op. 23 in B-Flat Minor.....Piotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky 32’
Symphony No. 5, Op. 82 in E-flat Major……………………………………………………………....Jean Sibelius 30’
To Air: Saturday August 9th.
Saturday, July 19 - 8:15 p.m.
Roberto Minczuk, guest conductor
Jon Nakamatsu, piano
Piano Concerto, Op. 16 in A Minor Edvard Grieg 30’
Symphony No. 10, Op. 93 in E Minor Dmitri Shostakovich 45’
Saturday, August 16 - 8:15 p.m. Celebrating the 90th anniversary of the premiere of Rhapsody in Blue
Daniel Boico, guest conductor
Alexander Gavrylyuk, piano
Les Preludes……………………………………….…...…....Franz Liszt 16’
Rhapsody in Blue………………………..…………George Gershwin 16’
Symphony No. 1 in G Minor Vassili Kalinnikov 35’
P.O. Box 1263
Buffalo, New York
140 Lower Terrace
Buffalo, New York
477 Richmond Street West - Suite 602
Toronto, ON M5V 3E7
Please select the department that best deals with your issue by clicking the associated link below.
WNED ǀ WBFO is a trusted public media resource that enriches its audiences by providing educational, entertaining programming and services, as well as engaging the Western New York and Southern Ontario communities through cultural and civic involvement.
The Public & Broadcasting | EEO Public File | FCC PUBLIC FILE WNED-TV | DIVERSITY & INCLUSION INITIATIVE
Copyright © 2014 WNYPBA. All Rights Reserved. · Website Design by OtherWisz Creative