Director, Fundraising EventsWorking with the Vice President of Development, the Director of Fundraising Events develops, manages and coordinates all aspects of fundraising ticketed events for WNED | WBFO. The goal of this position is to create new and expand existing event opportunities for viewers / listeners to enjoy. The events are intended to generate revenue for our stations and provide our audience with “insider” access to our business. As a member of the management team, this position works closely with all departments of the organization, outside vendors, event talent, the Board of Trustees, volunteers and community partners. Events will occur in both the United States and Canada.
We are looking for an individual who:
- Demonstrates agility, resourcefulness and possesses a strong experiential marketing background that can advance WNED | WBFO long-term fundraising initiatives.
- Has a mix of strategy, execution and organizational skills with a deep passion for the power of events to bring people and the community together.
- Thinks creatively to develop new events and develop new relationships with partners from around Western New York and Southern Ontario Canada.
- Collaborates with volunteers to maintain and enhance relationships with event talent, participants and vendors.
What you need to succeed:
- 5+ years of experience in event management and creation.
- 2+ years of experience in a leadership role.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field required.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, which includes nights, weekends, and extended hours.
- Ability to communicate effectively with people of diverse backgrounds.
- Excellent written, organizational and interpersonal skills.
Please email cover letter and resume to:
firstname.lastname@example.org OR mail to:
WNED | WBFO
PO Box 1263
Buffalo, NY 14240-1263