WESTERN NEW YORK PUBLIC BROADCASTING ASSOCIATION
Position Title: Fundraising Events Intern
Date: September 2016
The Western New York Public Broadcasting Association has internship openings available in Development and Fundraising Events. Students will have the opportunity to gain hands-on experience in event coordination at a non-profit public broadcasting station.
Students will gain experience performing tasks that relate to planning and coordination of special projects for fundraising and cultivation events. They will also be afforded the opportunity to collaborate with Membership, Production and TV and Radio Pledge.
Interns will develop their own semi-monthly work schedules and will be obliged to follow them.
Reliable transportation is essential.
Qualifications and Education Required:
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following:
- An interest in public radio;
- A willingness to learn;
- The ability to work independently, collaborate and finish assigned tasks in a timely manner;
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail;
- Previous event planning and coordination experience is desirable, though not required;
- A statement from the student’s school that 1) confirms internship credit and/or status as a recent or continuing full-time registered student and 2) attests that s/he is a student whose course of instruction leads to a degree, diploma or certificate.
Interested internship candidates should send a cover letter and resume expressing interest and availability to:
email@example.com with the Subject Line: “Fundraising Events Intern” OR
WNED | WBFO
P.O. Box 1263
Buffalo, New York 14240