Broadcast Technology EngineerBuffalo, NY, United States – Full Time
WNED | WBFO is a leading bi-national public broadcasting station consisting of three television and two radio stations, all locally programmed. Programs and outreach explore and address interests relevant to the Western New York and Southern Ontario communities.
The Broadcast Technology Engineer position is responsible for the installation, testing, repair and maintenance of all broadcast and content creation systems. Emphasis is on IP integration and networking of systems for production, distribution, delivery and control of television and radio content. Additional duties include transmission systems repair & maintenance, TV and event production engineering.
We are looking for individuals who:
- Possess an understanding of installation, preventative maintenance and troubleshooting of TV and radio broadcast equipment.
- Demonstrate knowledge of broadcast technologies including, but not limited to: IT, Transmitters, Antennas, Broadcast Switchers, Router Systems, ENG and DSNG Transmissions, Field Cameras, Signal Path Workflows, and network/IP-based media systems.
- Are competent and comfortable in live television and event environments.
What you need to succeed:
- Associates degree in Electronics, Broadcast Technology, Information Technology or related military training / experience preferred.
- 2+ years’ maintaining and installing broadcast equipment.
- Must be a collaborator that is detail oriented and can multi-task.
Please email cover letter and resume to:
firstname.lastname@example.org OR mail to:
WNED | WBFO
PO Box 1263
Buffalo, NY 14240-1263