Director, Human Resources
Buffalo, NY, United States – Full Time
Buffalo Toronto Public Media is a leading bi-national public broadcasting station consisting of three television and three radio stations, all locally programmed. Programs and outreach explore and address interests relevant to the Western New York and Southern Ontario communities.
The Director of Human Resources is responsible for developing and executing Buffalo Toronto Public Media’s People strategy, as well as partnering with leadership to reinforce BTPM’s organizational culture. Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer (COO) with a dotted line to the CEO, this position will serve as a thought partner, ensuring the organization possesses the people, skills and capabilities to develop and execute the mission of the organization through consultative support and counsel, aligning needs and people strategies to support the organization’s mission.
We are looking for an individual who:
- Demonstrates outstanding motivational, conflict resolution and problem solving skills.
- Possesses strong relationship management skills with a tactful, diplomatic, collaborative demeanor.
- Can drive change with best practices, improve talent and be a positive, respected leader with a proven ability to think strategically and creatively.
What you need to succeed:
- Bachelors’ degree in related field required, Master’s degree preferred.
- 10+ years’ experience in Human Resources; experience in a media environment is preferred but not required
- 6+ years’ experience progressing in HR leadership roles
- Strong knowledge of federal and state employment laws and regulations
Buffalo Toronto Public Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to excellence through diversity and inclusion.
Please email cover letter and resume to:
email@example.com OR mail to:
WNED | WBFO
PO Box 1263
Buffalo, NY 14240-1263