Western New York Public Broadcasting Association
WNED | WBFO
Buffalo & Southern Ontario
Position Title: Director, Human Resources
Reports to: Sr. VP/COO Finance & Administration
Status: Part-Time, Exempt
Date: September 8, 2017
The Director of Human Resources, in consultation with WNED|WBFO leadership, directs all activities pertaining to recruitment, staffing, termination, employee recognition, performance management/leadership development, employment policies, employee relations and compensation.
Essential Functions of Position:
- Oversees recruitment activities for all categories of employees in consultation with the department managers and vice-presidents. Ensures EEO/FCC rules are followed and requirements are met.
- Identifies, evaluates, recommends and implements training initiatives, wellness programs, annual award recognition programs, performance reviews, employee social events, and recruitment strategies.
- Evaluates and recommends modifications to existing benefits, compensation practices and employment policies and procedures development.
- Provides value-added professional human resource guidance to staff. Presents recommendations and suggestions to management for resolving employee issues.
- Oversees and directs the development and administration of the Human Resources Department annual budget
- Coordinates and hosts quarterly staff advisory committee meetings
- Attends and participates in professional group meetings; stays abreast of new trends and innovations in the field of Human Resource management
- Maintains personnel files; is responsible for records of personnel transactions such as hires, promotions, payroll notices and job changes
- Coordinates, in conjunction with Payroll & Benefits Administrator, open enrollment period
- Maintain the utmost confidentiality in dealing with employee records and business information
- Performs special assignments as directed by WNED|WBFO’s Leadership.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or related field with a minimum of five years experience in Human Resources both in a generalist role and in a management level position.
- Public broadcasting and/or non-profit experience, a plus
- Strong knowledge of federal and state employment laws and regulations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good motivational, conflict resolution and problem solving skills
- Strong relationship management skills to work effectively with senior executives
- Tactful, diplomatic, collaborative demeanor
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter of interest and current resume.****Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.