Education and Community Development Specialist
Buffalo, NY, United States – Full Time
Buffalo Toronto Public Media is a leading bi-national public broadcasting station consisting of three television and three radio stations, all locally programmed. Programs and outreach explore and address interests relevant to the Western New York and Southern Ontario communities.
The Education and Community Development Specialist will be instrumental in developing relationships with education-related and community partners who are key in securing grants and other funded education and outreach initiatives. This position is responsible for staying aware of the education and community needs of our region and how the station can meet those needs through projects and initiatives. The Specialist will take an active role in the creation of project-related content, grant writing and implementation, and work to align initiatives with the community we serve.
We are looking for an individual who:
- Demonstrates the ability to research and attain funding opportunities with agility and resourcefulness.
- Hold an understanding of our diverse learning communities and can build content around our initiatives.
- Has a deep passion for the power of public media to enlighten, engage and entertain.
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills with a strong interest in curriculum development.
What you need to succeed:
- Bachelor's degree required. English, Education, Urban Studies, Social Work, Community Development, or related field degree preferred.
- 3+ years of demonstrated experience in education and/or community outreach.
- Experience in grant writing, preferred.
- Ability to communicate with diplomacy and professionalism while representing Buffalo Toronto Public Media to our diverse members, volunteers, educators, parents, children, and students of all ages.
Buffalo Toronto Public Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to excellence through diversity and inclusion.
Please email cover letter and resume to:
email@example.com OR mail to:
Buffalo Toronto Public Media
PO Box 1263
Buffalo, NY 14240-1263