Fundraising Events Internship
Buffalo, NY, United States – Unpaid Internship
WNED | WBFO is a leading bi-national public broadcasting station consisting of three television and three radio stations, all locally programmed. Programs and outreach explore and address interests relevant to the Western New York and Southern Ontario communities.
WNED | WBFO offers unpaid internships requiring academic credit for qualified students in Development and Fundraising Events. Students will have the opportunity to gain hands-on experience in event coordination and fundraising initiatives at a non-profit public broadcasting station.
Students will gain experience performing tasks that relate to planning and coordination of special projects for fundraising and cultivation of events. Students will have the opportunity to collaborate with Membership, Production and TV and Radio Pledge.
We are looking for individuals who:
- Aspire to learn and grow in their field of study and / or interest
- Have an interest in coordinating events and public broadcasting
- Are able to process and learn new information quickly
What you need to succeed:
- Currently enrolled in school and at least 16 years old
- A high level of written & verbal skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- The ability to work on weekdays, weekends, nights and holidays, as scheduled by the Director
- The ability to work independently, collaborate and finish assigned tasks in a timely manner with strong attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Previous event planning and coordination experience is desirable, though not required
WNED | WBFO is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to excellence through diversity and inclusion.
Interested internship candidates should send a cover letter and resume expressing interest and availability to:
email@example.com with the Subject Line: Fundraising Events Intern OR mail to:
WNED | WBFO
PO Box 1263
Buffalo, NY 14240-1263