Membership ManagerBuffalo, NY, United States – Full Time
The Membership Services Manager, with direction from the Vice President of Membership, leads the Membership team, maintains and fosters shared, high standards of customer service and stewardship with the goal of deepening donor relationships. The Manager collaborates with development colleagues in strategic planning for membership services and fundraising execution, as well as in general workflows and broader workplace culture. This person will partner to ensure data accuracy and security amidst changing workflows, while using available technology to execute and enhance the work.
The Membership team is responsible for donor/member customer service, donation management, and account maintenance. As part of the Development department, Membership plays a vital, relationship-building role with our valued members.
WNED | WBFO is a leading bi-national public broadcasting station consisting of three television and two radio stations, celebrating 60 years of locally programmed broadcasting. WNED is the birthplace of such celebrated programs as Mark Russell Comedy Hour and Reading Rainbow. WBFO’s award-winning newsroom explores topics that impact our local community. All of our programs and outreach focus on the interests relevant to the Western New York and Southern Ontario communities.
We are looking for individuals who:
- Demonstrate inclusive team leadership skills, with the ability to build relationships
- Have a passion for team collaboration and customer service.
- Exhibit outstanding problem solving skills, by analyzing and improving complex processes.
What you need to succeed:
- Bachelors’ degree in Business Administration, Marketing, or other related field required.
- 4+ years’ experience in fundraising related work, public broadcasting preferred.
- 2+ years’ demonstrated leadership experience, including the ability to effectively engage, support, coach, and train staff.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- High degree of comfort in technology to effectively use Microsoft Office, databases (especially Customer Relationship Management), and other software.
- Ability to occasionally work flexible, variable hours as needed.
WNED | WBFO is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to excellence through diversity and inclusion.
Please email cover letter and resume to:
firstname.lastname@example.org OR mail to:
WNED | WBFO
PO Box 1263
Buffalo, NY 14240-1263