Post Production Editor / Producer
Buffalo, NY, United States – Full Time
Buffalo Toronto Public Media is a leading bi-national public broadcasting station consisting of three television and three radio stations, all locally programmed. Programs and outreach explore and address interests relevant to the Western New York and Southern Ontario communities.
We are 20 minutes from Niagara Falls and less than two hours from Toronto, Ontario Canada. Western New York offers a great quality of life with excellent schools, affordable housing, incredible architecture, and Olmsted parks. We recognize and celebrate our diverse population, rich in arts and culture. As the public media provider in this bi-national community, we are committed to serving the region by creating content that shares our stories with the wider audience.
The Post Production Editor / Producer is a visual storyteller who works in a collaborative, creative environment that will have a direct impact on the end user experience. They are responsible for post-production editing and/or producing long and short form digital content for a variety of distribution platforms including television and radio broadcast, online streaming, social media channels, and more.
We are looking for an individual who:
- Demonstrates a high aptitude for aesthetic creativity and able to accept/apply creative guidance.
- Has strong time-management skills and the ability to manage multiple projects at one time.
- Is detail-oriented.
- Possesses excellent communication skills.
- Has a deep passion for the power of public media storytelling.
- Possess strong collaboration skills with an eye for quality control.
What you need to succeed:
- Bachelors’ degree in related field preferred.
- 5+ years’ experience as an Editor working on a variety of digital and broadcast productions.
- Experience producing, writing, and editing digital and broadcast productions.
- Highly skilled using various editing software packages and demonstrated experience editing with AVID Media Composer.
- Knowledge of Adobe Suite including Adobe After Effects is preferred.
Buffalo Toronto Public Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to excellence through diversity and inclusion.
Please email cover letter and resume to:
firstname.lastname@example.org OR mail to:
WNED | WBFO
PO Box 1263
Buffalo, NY 14240-1263