WBFO - Public Radio Internship
Buffalo, NY, United States – Unpaid Internship
WNED | WBFO is a leading bi-national public broadcasting station consisting of three television and three radio stations, all locally programmed. Programs and outreach explore and address interests relevant to the Western New York and Southern Ontario communities.
Offers unpaid internships requiring academic credit at WBFO, the NPR station in Western New York for qualified students. Students will have the opportunity to gain hands-on experience in radio operations and production and to develop their writing and broadcasting skills.
Students will be assigned tasks that relate to day-to-day radio operations in the traffic, programming, and production departments and/or the news room. They will also be afforded the opportunity to collaborate on large scale production and broadcast projects and will be expected to assume responsibilities commensurate with their abilities. These projects may include the following:
- News-gathering (write copy, record news conferences, etc.) for newscasts on WBFO
- Production of promotional spots and underwriting credits
We are looking for individuals who:
- Aspire to learn and grow in their academic field of study
- Can adapt to thrive in an ever changing environment
What you need to succeed:
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s degree program related to the internship
- An interest in public radio and regional journalism
- The ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Excellent verbal, written, organizational and interpersonal skills
WNED | WBFO is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to excellence through diversity and inclusion.
Please email resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org OR mail to:
WNED | WBFO
PO Box 1263
Buffalo, NY 14240-1263