The WNED | WBFO ExperienceWNED | WBFO is a leading bi-national not-for-profit public broadcasting organization, which provides entertainment, enrichment and engagement through television, radio, digital media, and educational services. Our station is a powerful and trusted community resource that has served the people of Western New York and Southern Ontario for more than 55 years. Located in Buffalo, NY we operate three television stations, three radio stations, and many broadcasting programs. We celebrate diversity, embrace innovation, value lifelong learning and partner with those who share our passion for public service.
If you are looking for an exciting, impactful, and rewarding place to grow your career, WNED | WBFOis the place for you! Come join us! We are conveniently located in the vibrant Canalside community of downtown Buffalo with exclusive free downtown parking.
Senior Vice President, DevelopmentWorking with the President, the Senior Vice President of Development is the senior executive responsible for leading the effort to meet short- and long-term development objectives for WNED | WBFO. The Senior Vice President, Development will lead a team of fundraising professionals in all areas of development, including planned giving, membership, major gifts, volunteer services, on-air fundraising (pledge), foundation development, capital campaign and fundraising events. As a senior member of the management team, this position plays an important role in the strategic and financial planning and works closely with all departments of the organization, the Board of Trustees, volunteers and community partners.
We are looking for individuals who:
- Aspire to lead a dynamic department and ensure integrity and successful achievement of the fundraising programs while simultaneously advancing WNED | WBFO long-term fundraising initiatives.
- Have demonstrated success in public broadcasting as both a major/planned gift fundraiser and capital campaign development.
- Foster a positive culture of professional growth that makes WNED | WBFO a workplace of choice for development professionals.
- Collaborate with volunteers to develop, model, and monitor new approaches to development and engage new generations of donors.
What you need to succeed:
- A minimum of 10 years experience in development with a passion for the mission of public broadcasting
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Experience in budgeting, revenue forecasting and business plans required.
- Ability to communicate effectively with people of diverse backgrounds.
- Excellent written, organizational and interpersonal skills.
Download this job description (pdf)
Please email cover letter and resume to:
email@example.com OR mail to:
WNED | WBFO
PO Box 1263
Buffalo, NY 14240-1263