Social Media Intern
Buffalo, NY, United States – Unpaid Internship
Buffalo Toronto Public Media is a leading bi-national public broadcasting station consisting of three television and two radio stations, all locally programmed. Programs and outreach explore and address interests relevant to the Western New York and Southern Ontario communities.
Buffalo Toronto Public Media is offering an unpaid internship which requires academic credit for qualified students in the Corporate Communications Department working with social media. Students will have the opportunity to gain hands-on experience in social media initiatives at a non-profit public broadcasting station.
The Social Media Intern will work closely with the Social Media Coordinator; assisting with research, drafting, and proofing content for social media platforms. The intern will learn how to analyze metrics across platforms, present conclusions, and shift strategies based on the department’s goals. Other responsibilities include assisting in monitoring reader/viewer responses across platforms as well as researching potential social media contacts, tools, events, and opportunities. Additionally, the intern will be invited to design a project/campaign throughout the semester.
We are looking for individuals who:
• Aspire to learn and grow in their field of study and / or interest
• Have an interest in social media
• Are able to process and learn new information quickly
What you need to succeed:
• Web research skills
• Excellent writing and communication skills
• Strong knowledge of current events
• In-depth working knowledge of Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook for storytelling
• Sense of editorial fairness
• Familiarity with BTPM and its programming
• Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and Excel preferred
English, journalism (print, broadcast and/or new media), media studies, political science or marketing.
Buffalo Toronto Public Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to excellence through diversity and inclusion.
Interested internship candidates should send a cover letter and resume expressing interest and availability to:
email@example.com with the Subject Line: Social Media InternOR mail to:
WNED | WBFO
PO Box 1263
Buffalo, NY 14240-1263