Social Media InternBuffalo, NY, United States – Unpaid Internship
WNED | WBFO is a leading bi-national public broadcasting station consisting of three television and three radio stations, all locally programmed. Programs and outreach explore and address interests relevant to the Western New York and Southern Ontario communities.
WNED | WBFO offers unpaid internships requiring academic credit for qualified students in the Corporate Communications Department working with social media. Students will have the opportunity to gain hands-on experience in social media initiatives at a non-profit public broadcasting station.
Students will work closely with the social media coordinator; assisting with research, drafting, and proofing content for social media platforms. Students will learn how to analyze metrics across platforms, present conclusions, and shift strategies based on the department’s goals. Students will assist in monitoring reader/viewer responses across platforms as well as research potential social media contacts, tools, events, and opportunities. Additionally, students will be invited to design a project/campaign throughout the semester.
We are looking for individuals who:
• Aspire to learn and grow in their field of study and / or interest
• Have an interest in social media
• Are able to process and learn new information quickly
What you need to succeed:
• Web research skills
• Excellent writing and communication skills
• Strong knowledge of current events
• In-depth working knowledge of Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook for storytelling
• Sense of editorial fairness
• Familiarity with WNED | WBFO and its programming
• Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and Excel preferred
English, journalism (print, broadcast and/or new media), media studies, political science or marketing.
Interested internship candidates should send a cover letter and resume expressing interest and availability to:
firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject Line: Social Media Intern OR mail to:
WNED | WBFO
PO Box 1263
Buffalo, NY 14240-1263