Skip to main content
The PBS on-demand streaming service, WNED PBS Passport, is now available in Canada! Learn More
A Virtual Conversation With Lidia Bastianich

A Virtual Conversation with Chef Lidia Bastianich | Tuesday, December 8, 2020

PBS’s own Emmy Award-winning chef Lidia Bastianich of “Lidia’s Kitchen” will join us virtually to discuss with Eileen her exciting career, recipes, share her cooking secrets and provide inspiration for all of her fabulous dishes! The evening will include a lively discussion and answers to questions submitted.

She has been a regular contributor to public television cooking shows since 1998. Lidia is also, a best‐selling cookbook author, restaurateur, and owner of a flourishing food and entertainment business.

In these extremely challenging times, our hearts and prayers go out to all of those affected by the current world crisis. I am at home with my elderly mother and cooking for neighbors.

Stay safe, and we shall all find ourselves together at the table again soon.

–Lidia Bastianich

Virtual Experiences

A Virtual Conversation

Tuesday, December 8, 2020

7:00 pm

Tickets

Ticket Options:

$10 Link to the Virtual + 1 special recipe (one of Lidia’s favorites)

$47 Link to the Virtual + Lidia’s Felidia Cookbook - Unfortunately, we are unable to ship to Canada at this time.

Beloved chef and best-selling author Lidia Bastianich shares, for the first time, the timeless recipes that have made her flagship restaurant, Felidia, a New York City dining legend for almost four decades.

Ever since it opened its doors on Manhattan’s Upper East Side in 1981, Felidia has been revered as one of the best Italian restaurants in the country. In these pages, Lidia and longtime Executive Chef Fortunato Nicotra share 115 of the recipes that capture the spirit of the Felidia menu past and present. From pastas and primi to appetizers and meats, and from breads and spreads to sides and soups, these are some of Lidia’s absolute favorite dishes, lovingly adapted for home cooks to re-create in their own kitchen.

$60 Link to the Virtual + Lidia’s Felidia Cookbook & My American Dream Memoir - Unfortunately, we are unable to ship to Canada at this time.

For decades, beloved chef Lidia Bastianich has introduced Americans to Italian food through her cookbooks, TV shows, and restaurants. Now, in My American Dream, she tells her own story for the very first time. Born in Pula, on the Istrian peninsula, Lidia grew up surrounded by love and security, learning the art of Italian cooking from her beloved grandmother. But when Istria was annexed by a communist regime, Lidia’s family fled to Trieste, where they spent two years in a refugee camp waiting for visas to enter the United States. When she finally arrived in New York, Lidia soon began working in restaurants, the first step on a path that led to her becoming one of the most revered chefs and businesswomen in the country. Heartwarming, deeply personal, and powerfully inspiring, My American Dream is the story of Lidia’s close-knit family and her dedication and endless passion for food.