WBFO's Buffalo Blues Bash
In-person tickets are sold out. You can purchase a virtual ticket to stream the concert live from the comfort of your home.
Saturday, October 2, 2021
Doors open at 6:15 pm
WNED PBS Studios
Featuring: Erin Harpe and the Delta Swingers
2019 New England Music Award-Winning “Blues Artist Of The Year”
International Blues Challenge Semi-finalist (2019, 2017, 2013 & 2011)
Opener: Rockabilly Steve and BR3
The proceeds from this fundraising event are used to help pay for high-quality, public programming on Buffalo Toronto Public Media’s family of television and radio stations. Those programs include 10 hours of blues programming WBFO-FM 88.7 airs every weekend. Thank you for your support.
WNED PBS Studios
140 Lower Terrace
Buffalo, NY 14202
Concert begins at 7 pm
Doors open at 6:15 pm
We made some adjustments to this year’s Blues Bash:
•We will be selling pre-packaged snacks inside the studio and will no longer be selling meals. Fat Bob’s food truck will be on site at 6 pm outside the front entrance where they will stay through intermission. We encourage all attendees to patronize their food truck. View the menu.
•If you purchased a table of 6, you will still be able to sit with your entire group. All other tables have been changed to seat 4 per table, and the tables have been spaced a minimum of six feet apart.
•If you purchased 1 or 2 tickets, you will be seated at a table of 4 with other ticket holders. Social distancing is not possible in the theater seating section.
•We understand that there are a lot of variables to consider when making the decision to attend a live event. Because of this, we are offering a virtual format to enjoy the concert. Please e-mail our Special Events team at firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to change to a virtual ticket to live stream the concert instead of attending in person.
For the health and safety of everyone, we have implemented some changes:
- Everyone will need to fill out a health screen survey and receive a temperature check prior to entering the building.
- We are asking all guests and staff to wear a mask inside our facility when not eating, drinking, or performing.
- All attendees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. People are considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a two-dose series (Pfizer, Moderna), or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine (Johnson & Johnson). If you are not yet vaccinated, you are welcome to attend in-person events in the building two weeks after completing your vaccination regimen.
- No exceptions will be made to the vaccine requirement, and a negative COVID test will no longer be accepted for entry.
- Attendees will need to present photo ID and proof of vaccination in the form of your physical CDC Vaccination Record card or your digital vaccination record before entering the building. New York residents can easily register for your digital vaccination record for access on your mobile device. Photographs of vaccination cards will not be accepted.
- We’ve installed an environmentally friendly clean air filtration system throughout our building to attack microbes both in the air and on surfaces. This system uses an innovative Dry Hydrogen Peroxide (DHP™) to fight viruses, bacteria, mold, odors, and insects.
- There will be enhanced disinfecting of high-touch surfaces. Countertops, railings, restrooms, and seating areas will be cleaned and disinfected thoroughly.
We will continue to closely review public health guidelines and update our safety protocol as necessary. Staying informed is our best prospect for remaining safe as we move forward with navigating through the pandemic. Buffalo Toronto Public Media is dedicated to staying up to date with current guidelines to ensure a safe experience for all.
HEADLINER: Erin Harpe and the Delta Swingers
Erin Harpe & the Delta Swingers were just named New England's best blues band, winning “Blues Artist Of The Year” at the 2019 New England Music Awards! Singer/guitarist Erin Harpe leads the roots-rocking electric band on vocals and lead guitar, playing a mix of styles they call “Boogie, Blues & Beyond”. A rising star in the roots and blues scene with a growing fan base around the world, she’s been called “one of the most dynamic, talented and exciting roots rocking blues women on the scene” by Living Blues Magazine, and has been compared to legendary blues women like Bonnie Raitt and Rory Block. The Midwest Record even called her “Bonnie Raitt on modern performance enhancing drugs!” The “modern blues mama for our times” has had an exciting year, from winning awards, to competing solo at the International Blues Challenge in Memphis (where she made it to the Semi-Finals!), to touring around the US – with stops at the Rhythm & Roots Festival (RI), Tall City Blues Fest (TX), Musikfest (PA) and Paw Paw Fest (OH), as well as in the UK! This holiday season Erin and the band celebrate with a limited-edition vinyl release of their album “The Christmas Swing” and a string of holiday parties.
- 2019 New England Music Award-Winning “Blues Artist Of The Year”
- International Blues Challenge Semi-finalist (2019, 2017, 2013 & 2011)
- “Blues Artist of the Year” from the Boston Music Awards (2012)
- Boston Blues Challenge Winner (2018, 2016, 2014, 2012 & 2010)
- Boston Music Award Nominee (2018, 2012, 2011, & 2010)
OPENER: Rockabilly Steve and BR3
Rockabilly Steve and BR3 are a blend of Blues, Swing, Jazz, Roots Music with a pinch of Rockabilly added to the musical stew pot. Rockabilly Steve has developed his own style at a very early age. Starting out on percussion and drums at the age of 2, then, guitar, violin, bousouki, and mandolin.
Through his eclectic tastes in music, Rockabilly Steve has carved out his very own musical niche. Vowing to be different than the other Blues musicians on the scene, writing mostly Original music. Rockabilly Steve has developed his own unique musical style, getting his influences from, Louis Jordan, T Bone Walker, B B King, Albert King, Albert Collins, and Chuck Berry just to name a few.
Rockabilly Steve and BR3 band members consists of Rockabilly Steve Durusky, on guitar and vocals. Doghouse Johnnie on the stand up bass, Mama Blues or Lynnie Durusky on guitar and vocals, Blu Lou Lambros on drums and Darryl Silversax Brown on saxophone.
Don't miss this exciting new talent, Rockabilly Steve and BR3!