Travel the world with WNED | WBFO on exciting and exclusive excursions designed for fans of WNED | WBFO. Join us and experience:
Cruising the Mighty Mississippi
October 18 - 26, 2020
Join WNED | WBFO on our latest travel adventure from October 18–26, 2020: an exploration of the lower Mississippi River. Bayous and woodlands, virtually untouched since their discovery, will be the backdrop for your nine-day cruise aboard the American Queen. See history from every angle as we travel from Memphis to New Orleans, with stops ranging from a Mississippi Delta port and the South’s largest remaining antebellum mansion to a Civil War battlefield and the oldest city on the Mississippi River.
Day 1: Memphis, TN - On arrival, transfer from Memphis International Airport to the Sheraton Memphis Downtown Hotel. The evening is yours to get self-acquainted with this city’s famed eateries, unique shops and lively entertainment.
Day 2: Memphis, TN - Prepare to embark on an unforgettable journey down America’s largest and most historical river; complimentary boat transfers will begin at 3 PM.
Day 3: Port of the Mississippi Delta - These small river towns have been the inspiration for authors, musicians and artists for centuries. Lower Mississippi River voyages include a unique glimpse into a port of the Mississippi Delta.
Day 4: Vicksburg, MS - Vicksburg perfectly blends Southern culture and heritage with exciting modern attractions—learn about the city, visit the museums, and taste the cuisine.
Day 5: Natchez, MS - This charming river town was founded in 1716, making it the oldest city on the Mississippi.
Day 6: Baton Rouge, LA - Spend the day exploring all that Louisiana’s capital has to offer, from the museums and the architecture to the shops and the cuisine.
Day 7: St. Francisville, LA - With over 140 buildings on the National Register, beautiful plantation homes nestled in the rolling countryside and bustling Main Street shops, this quaint town situated on the bluffs of the Mississippi River has a style all its own.
Day 8: Nottoway Plantation, LA - Nottoway is the South’s largest remaining antebellum mansion, set among a natural backdrop of vibrant gardens and 200-year-old oak trees.
Day 9: New Orleans, LA - After breakfast, transfer to the Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport for departure.
We’re pleased to offer all travelers a 10% discount from now until March 2, 2020!
Your fare begins at $3,935 and includes:
- Roundtrip airfare from Buffalo, Rochester, or Syracuse
- Roundtrip airport transfers
- Onboard gratuities
- One-night pre-voyage hotel stay including breakfast, taxes, porterage and transfers to the vessel
- 7-nights selected accommodations onboard an authentic paddlewheel riverboat
- Guided hop-on, hop-off shore excursions in each port of call
- All onboard meals, including fine dining and casual cuisine, and complimentary wine and beer with dinner
- Complimentary cappuccino, espresso, specialty coffees, tea, bottled water and soft drinks throughout your voyage
- 24-hour room service
- Port charges
- 2-hour step-on guide tour of New Orleans
- $200 donation to your local PBS station
- Local PBS Host
- Services and gratuities for an AAA Professional Tour Director