Classical WNED is teaming up with the Buffalo Philharmonic and the Buffalo Public Schools for a special Music in the Schools Program.
Classical 94.5 WNED-FM is the area’s 24-hour classical music service. The station harbors an ongoing broadcast and production relationship with the Grammy award-winning Buffalo Philharmonic Orchestra. Tune in for a symphonies, operas and concerts by philharmonic orchestras around the world.
Classical 94.5 WNED's music service is also heard on 89.7 WNJA in Jamestown.
Classical 94.5 WNED
A Conversation with Hélène Grimaud by Ed. Simone
Ed. Simone spoke face-to-face with Hélène Grimaud backstage in Severance Hall, Cleveland.
Introducing JoAnn's Classical CornerWeekdays at 8:30am
Listen to Classical WNED every weekday morning at 8:30, as the Buffalo Philharmonic’s Music Director and Conductor JoAnn Falletta joins Mark Swarts in the WNED Morning program for “JoAnn’s Classical Corner!”
Every day, JoAnn will spend a couple of minutes with Mark talking about everything from this season’s highlights at the Buffalo Philharmonic to JoAnn’s insights on all things musical.
Classical 94.5 WNED
Watch how businesses all around our region are sharing their love of classical music with you!
Classical 94.5 WNED | Original ProDUCTION
Making a List | Classical hosts pick the best CDs of 2018
Looking for some new music? Draw some inspiration from the staff of Classical 94.5! Explore their selections of the best CDs of 2018 from Making A List.
Classical 94.5 WNED Production
From Sorrow to Joy— Od Żalu do Radości is a celebration of the music, customs and traditions of Poland and Polish Americans. Listen to this Classical 94.5 WNED original production.
Classical 94.5 WNED production
Nick's Flix | Listen to Episodes Online
Nick's Flix explores music from films you've come to love, while playing some new potential favorites.
You might enjoy these programs and stories from Public Television and Radio
The next time you’re in a creativity slump and need to get some writing done pronto, try turning on Vivaldi, or a playlist specially suited for productivity.
Great Performances | PBSNow in its 45th season on PBS, GREAT PERFORMANCES is America’s preeminent performing arts television series, showcasing a diverse range of performing arts specials from around the world. It presents a diverse programming portfolio of classical music, opera, popular song, musical theater, dance, drama, and performance documentaries.
Birgit Nilsson: A League of Her Own
Celebrate the life of Swedish soprano Birgit Nilsson, the face of opera in the late 1950s-
Live From Lincoln Center | PBSLive From Lincoln Center broadcasts world-class performances from the stages of Lincoln Center into homes across America. The pioneering series has sought to democratize the performing arts, making luminaries ranging from Luciano Pavarotti and Beverly Sills to Emma Thompson and Nathan Lane available to hundreds of millions of viewers, collecting 17 Emmy and 2 Peabody Awards.
Live From Lincoln Center
50 Years of Mostly Mozart
New York's beloved cultural event celebrates 50 years with a look back and a look ahead.
Great Performances | CLIPS
The Chorus | GP at the Met: Nabucco
The chorus in Nabucco at The Met perform an opera number.
On this podcast an overview of melodies for the piano, how they work, what they are, and what makes them beautiful.
The competition took place June 6, 7 and 9, 2018. Planning is underway for the next competition in 2020.
DONATE TO THE COMPETITION
Support talented young guitarists and the JoAnn Falletta International Guitar Concerto Competition.
Liona Boyd Recipient of a Lifetime Achievement Award from JoAnn Falletta Guitar Competition
Liona Boyd, “First Lady of the Guitar,” will be receiving the Lifetime Achievement Award from the JoAnn Falletta International Guitar Concerto Competition on Saturday, June 9.
On Day 2 (June 7), the remaining four competitors performed live with an accompanist at the WNED Studios, and the judges selected three finalist to perform with the Buffalo Philharmonic Orchestra in the Finals.
- Jack Cimo, a seasoned chamber musician and soloist who has been active in competitions as both an organizer and competitor, representing the United States.
- Junhong Kuang, a 17 year old who has recorded for Naxos and won top prizes in the ARD Music Competition, representing China.
- Igor Klokov, a graduate student at Mainz Hochschule fur Musik/Koblenz and winner of many guitar competitions in Europe, representing Russia.
- Chinnawat Themkumwun, a 37-time prizewinner in Asia and Europe, representing Thailand.
On Day 1, (June 6), the first four semi-finalists in the JoAnn Falletta International Guitar Concerto Competition performed live with an accompanist from the WNED Studios.
- Tengyue “TY” Zhang, the first-prize winner of the 2017 Guitar Foundation of America International Concert Artists Competition, representing China.
- Bokyung Byun, a multi-competition winner and doctoral candidate at University of Southern California who has been performing publicly since age 11, representing South Korea.
- Congyi Zhang, a graduate student at Mannes School of Music and frequent performer throughout Canada and the United States, representing China.
- Bradly Pupa, a faculty member at California Conservatory of Music and a graduate student at the San Francisco Conservatory, representing the United States.
Congratulations Bokyung Byun!
Bokyung Byun of South Korea is the first woman to win the JoAnn Falletta International Guitar Concerto competition. Byun also won the Musicians Choice award as voted by the BPO.