Skip to main content
The PBS on-demand streaming service, WNED PBS Passport, is available in Canada! Learn More
Share Your Story

Making Buffalo Home is collecting stories of people in our community who have come to America and set roots in Western New York—whether your great grandfather was the first to arrive 100 years ago, or you just began the Buffalo chapter of your story 100 days ago. We want to hear your story too!

We invite you to share a personal photograph or video and write a short narrative to add to our Making Buffalo Home mosaic.

3 Ways to Share

USE THE FORM BELOW:

Share Your Story

Use the link below to access the form to submit your story.

SEND AN EMAIL:

Email makingbuffalohome@wned.org. Include a brief narrative about your or your ancestors’ journey to America and making Buffalo home. You can also attach a photo that we will include on our website. Be sure to include your name, country of origin and city of town where you currently live. Please limit your story to 300 words.

email makingbuffalohome@wned.org

SOCIAL MEDIA:

Create a social media post featuring a photo and brief description.
Tag your story with #makingbuffalohome

twitter
instagram

Please read the submission FAQ prior to submitting your story.

Your content may be featured on wned.org and on Buffalo Toronto Public Media social media. Buffalo Toronto Public Media will review all submissions prior to appearing on the website. Content deemed inappropriate will be rejected and will not appear on the website.

Explore Our Making Buffalo Home Story Mosaic

See what people are sharing
  • "Buffalo gives me wings/wings to go/wings to stay/here/at home in Buffalo."
  • "The city gave my husband and me our first home, first jobs in the US and a life we are grateful for."
  • ". . . my great-grandmother, who came from Poland, lived here for a few years after coming to the United States."

#makingbuffalohome

Making Buffalo Home is a two-year, in-depth Buffalo Toronto Public Media engagement initiative to inform and raise awareness of immigration for our entire community. The project aims to help the region develop a better understanding of the shared opportunities and challenges we face together as long-time residents and new immigrants and refugees.

Making Buffalo Home is funded by Rich Products Corporation and Rich Family Foundation.